For media companies and individuals, Risk Lifesigns offer 3,4 and 5 day Hostile Environments courses. These courses have been designed in conjunction with security and media professionals and are seminar and scenario based. Journalists attending this course will operate in a fictitious country - the Democratic Republic of Draconia as members of the "TNI Television Network".
The courses are supported by pyrotechnics, legally held mock and decomissioned firearms, actors, audio visual presentations, body armour, helmets, medical training equipment, trauma packs and moulage/prosthetics where appropriate.
All scenarios have been based on the experiences of the training team who include instructors with significant media security and current operational experience of hostile environments and offer real time opportunities to learn the latest techniques in a safe environment. We believe in delivering relevant training from current staff with relevant and certified medical training. We do not believe in beasting our customers unnecessarily- our staff are professionals and have nothing to prove- our clients are all intelligent professionals and are there to learn - but our security and kidnap scenarios are realistic. Subjects include (4 day example indicated):
- Course Introduction
- Pre-Assignment Planning & Risk Assessment
- Staying healthy in the field (Nutrition, exercise, hygiene,psychological)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and psychological first aid
- Personal equipment/clothing
- Body Armour
- First Aid Basics
- Primary Assessment
- Secondary Assessment
- Safety Equipment Orientation
- Resuscitation & Defibrillation
- Wound Management (including head, chest and ballistic injuries)
- Life threatening bleeds (including tourniquets, haemostatic agents e.g. celox)
- Recap Session
- Communications equipment
- Social Media & IT Security
- Medical Evacuation & Emergencies
- Grab Bags
- Vehicle Selection, Sanitisation & Recovery
- Personal Security
- Common Disorders/Travel Health
- Embedding/Working with Security Forces
- Working with local fixers
- Bribery Act
- FAW or FPOS (I) Assessments*
- Course Review & Dispersal
* Depending on option required by your employer.
Residential courses cost £2,000 per participant (exc. VAT). For further details, please contact us.