An Introduction to Crisis Media Response
Tailored specifically for the Adventure travel, Gap Year and Expedition sector, this interactive session will allow delegates an opportunity to share their views and experiences whilst hearing from an experienced journalist, those who have been doorstepped by the media and those who have advised those appearing in front of the media. No course is going to turn you into a media expert in a day. What you need is a toolkit to deal with the media, whilst under pressure and with adrenaline running, when an incident occurs. Proven, tested techniques to prepare you in advance - including writing press releases, radio and TV interviews relating to set scenarios.
Delegates will have an opportunity to hear (radio) and see (film) themselves perform under pressure (yet in a supportive learning environment) while being interviewed regarding a number of presented scenarios.
- Hearing from those who have been at the sharp end of the media
- Case studies: Disasters that were dealt with well...and those that didn't
- Journalists - what drives them/what do they want
- What makes a good media spokesperson
- What to do
- What not to do. Looking at the wider issues
- Introduction to writing Press Releases - developing a template
- Writing Press Releases
- Introduction to Radio interviews - techniques and tips
- Radio Interviews (including individual radio interviews - responding to scenarios/case studies)
- Introduction to TV interviews - techniques and tips
- Television Interviews (including individual piece to camera - responding to scenarios/case studies)
- Course Conclusion